STUDENT FESTIVAL OF FASHION 2013
Judges will be looking at the following criteria when judging your entry.
Creativity and originality
Cut, fit and finish if sewn
Overall head to toe visual presentation on stage
Suitability to the category
Hanging or designs for ease of judging including accessories if required
It is important to take these points into consideration. Naturally some categories will not use all of the above criteria, however every point should be considered by you when constructing your item to see if it applies.
Please read carefully as these rules are necessary for the smooth running of the Festival and must be strictly adhered to.
1. All entries must be the product of the illustrator or designer.
2. Designer and model must be current high school students under the age of 19 at the time of the competition.
3. Garments must be designed for the current year.
4. An entry may only be entered into one category
5. Designers must consider suitability of designs in consideration to the broad audience age range.
6. No naked flames or pets permitted.
7. Illustrations must be in a sealed envelope. Illustrators name on the back only and posted flat between cardboard to P.O. Box 1546, Mackay Q 4740 or delivered to Uniform Solutions, cnr Sydney & Alfred Sts, Mackay.
8. Garments must be ‘presented’ for judging and displayed on a mannequin, dressmakers dummy or strong wooden hanger. No wire coat hangers.
9. Garments, including accessories, must be in exhibition order
10. Plastic dry cleaning/storage bags are to be removed.
11. All entries must be checked in between 9.00 and 10.30 a.m. on the day of the event at The Space, MECC.
12. If there are 5 or less entries in a category only a winner will be selected
13. Designers and models ONLY will be permitted into The Space to ‘present’ their garment.
14. Designers and models are NOT allowed into The Space once judging has commenced.
15. Preliminary judging then takes place and final judging will take place on stage on the night. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The SFOF committee reserves the right to appoint the panel of judges.
17. Winners will be announced on the night and where possible prizes awarded also.
18. Entry forms and Image Consent Forms are to be received by 5 p.m. 19 July, 2013. Posted to P.O Box 1546, Mackay or delivered to Uniform Solutions, cnr Sydney & Alfred Sts, Mackay.
19. Payment must accompany the nomination form
20. A description of the entry and model’s name MUST accompany the entry form
21. Image Consent Forms for each designer and all models
must be signed by each designer and models parents or guardian if under 18 yrs of age.
22. ALL entrants and models are required for the stage rehearsal on Saturday 10th August, 2013 at MECC at 10.30 a.m. Closed in shoes necessary for rehearsal, as well models to wear & rehearse in shoes designer has chosen.
23. ONLY designers and models will be permitted back stage, side stage or in The Space at any time.
24. Volunteers will support models with any assistance required for dressing etc.
25. Models and designers MUST ensure a photo of their entry is taken on the night by the professional photographer who will be in The Space.
26. Please help up to make the event fun for everyone.